Am Freitag, 31. Oktober 2003 07:48 schrieb Rob Blomquist:
> What's available for Linux Multimedia resources?
>
> By that I mean email lists, books, and websites.
>
> My interests are in mostly audio right now, but I am trying to get my
> sweetie to get me a digital movie camera for Christmas, so that might
> change.

For Audio you might be interested in Austin's Audio Workstation HowTo.
http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT8018846552.html
http://groundstate.ca/mdkaw/index.html

And Thac's RPMs
http://rpm.nyvalls.se/

> I would love to understand the details of the differences between
> oggs and mp3, I would love to find out about noise filtering and
> ID3v1 vs ID3v2, and converting between them. How about other tools
> than Audacity and Gramofile?

Here I can't help that much beside the above links.

> Or maybe this tells me to just stay here, and ask away.

What belongs to digital video processing:
http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net/

Further MainActor5 seems to be shipped with Mandrake PowerPack
(according to my rpmdrake), i guess its a trial version or a beta.
Cinerella may be of interest for you too as well as mplayer/mencoder,
transcode, avidemux etc pp. I have a digital camcorder here as well as
a firewire card, but haven't tried them a long time. However, i have a
digital tv card and a lot recordings of it, so i play a lot with video
tools. Since some days i have too a dvd-burner and want to play with
dvdauthor (http://dvdauthor.sourceforge.net/) Till then
http://polidori.chapelperilous.net/roadmap.mhtml might be interesting
for you too. Beside that it isn't your focus it might contain
interesting information as well:
http://www.bunkus.org/dvdripping4linux/en/single/index.html and a not
really linux specific site, but with a lot of knowledge
http://www.doom9.org/ .

Hope this helps you in one way or another

Steffen