On Saturday, November 1, 2003 06:53 am, Anguo wrote:
> When I try to install application, compile stuff and so on,
> I regularly run into a warning message saying that I should
> upgrade autoconf. I have 2.13 and I see here:
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/
> that the autoconf 2.13 is nearly 5 years old!!!
>
> I tried urpme autoconf and then urpmi autoconf, but I end up
> with the same version...

You don't say what version of Mandrake you're running, so I'll assume
9.1.

On the CDs, you should find two versions of autoconf:
autoconf-2.13-16mdk.noarch.rpm and autoconf2.5-2.57-3mdk.noarch.rpm.
Install both and let the apps you're building decide which one they
want. If you need to force the use of 2.5, set the environment variable
WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5 to 1.

If you're running an earlier version of Mandrake, both versions are
available but they're not designed to coexist. You have to switch
between versions by uninstalling one and installing the new one. I
assume 9.2 is pretty much the same as 9.1.

HTH,
Arn

PS - There's a very similar situation with automake.