On Tuesday, November 4, 2003 06:41 am, Seppo Jarvinen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just found out why my xhosts haven't worked since 9.1.
> It looks like X is set by default to '-nolisten' and with the amount
> of searching I did, I couldn't find where this option is set on
> starting Xserver.
>
> If someone could point me to the correct place?

"grep -R nolisten /etc/*" should list all the config files with that
set.

However, msec (man msec, mseclib) may rewrite any manual changes you
make. If that's the case, you'll have to create a
/etc/security/msec/level.local file with allow_x_connections and
allow_xserver_to_listen set to your liking. See
http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/msec.php for a useful, if dated,
HOWTO.

HTH,
Arn

PS - Also look at Mandrake Control Center. There's some sort of msec gui
there. It didn't work very well last I looked, but that was a while
ago.