Lyvim Xaphir grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 00:18, David E. Fox wrote:
> >
> > I was under the impression postfix was relay proof - any
> > advice will be helpful...

It pretty much is, as long as you didn't break something mucking around
with the configuration files.  "Out of the box," it has relaying turned
off.  You have to do things to it in order to open it up.  Check your
config files.

> My advice, which again will look like a cop-out, but in actuality is
> very serious, is that you switch to qmail.  Vincent Danen, rpmhelp.net

Oh yea, qmail is great.  If you happen to like pain.

                --Dave

(And yes, I've administered sites running qmail.  I'll take postfix every
time.)
--
      David Guntner      GEnie: Just say NO!
 http://www.akaMail.com/pgpkey/davidg or key server