> OpenOffice.org1.1.0 installs beautifully like this:-
>
> Untar it where you like
>
> then become root cd into /whereyouhaveit/install
>
> Then as root # ./install -prefix=/usr/lib
>
> Then go back to being user and $ cd /usr/lib/OpenOffice.org1.1.0 if that is
> the directory that OO has created.
>
> then $ ./setup
>
> Follow the prompts.
>
> Works a treat.

Well I just got mdk 9.2 and installed Openoffice.org1.1.0 as above and
it would freeze on opening any openoffice file.
Removed it and installed the rpm from the 9.2, some thing freezes.
This happened to 9.1 as well, no version of OO would run after
installing 1.1.0. The os was rather unstable after that as thing like
mozilla would crash/freeze for no reason.
Looks like its another reinstall...