Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> If I haven't installed any mailserver on it, can I use mail command to
> utilize the ISP's smtp instead?

Hmm... not sure... the way it works is something like as follows:

local mail command -> your local mail daemon -> isp mail daemon

or

isp mail command -> isp mail daemon -> your local mail daemon -> your local
mail

Also, you want your isp to mail you your IP address, right?

There are two ways:

1. your isp mails it to your machine directly. both your machine and isp's
need to have a mail server running

2. your isp mails it to your mailbox in www. isp needs a mail server running
and you need a pop3/imap client to get your mail.

I have postfix running in my dial-up machine and I can send mail to anyone
with it.

Artemio.