Hello all,

Last night, as the last thing I did after setting up a shiny new box, I
updated to all the latest bug and security fixes for 9.2. As a result of my
efforts, KDE's KControl is now totally broken. When I try to launch it, I
get the following spit out to the console:

No K menu group with X-KDE-BaseGroup=settings found ! Defaulting to Settings

After which, Kcontrol comes up without any plugins. A similar error happens
when I try to configure Konqueror:

WARNING: No K menu group with X-KDE-BaseGroup=settings found ! Defaulting to
Settings/
kcontrol: ERROR: Module filebehavior not found!
kcontrol: ERROR: Module fileappearance not found!
kcontrol: ERROR: Module filepreviews not found!
kcontrol: ERROR: Module filetypes not found!
kcontrol: ERROR: Module khtml_behavior not found!
kcontrol: ERROR: Module khtml_java_js not found!
kcontrol: ERROR: Module khtml_fonts not found!
kcontrol: ERROR: Module ebrowsing not found!
kcontrol: ERROR: Module kcmhistory not found!
kcontrol: ERROR: Module cookies not found!
kcontrol: ERROR: Module cache not found!
kcontrol: ERROR: Module proxy not found!
kcontrol: ERROR: Module kcmcss not found!
kcontrol: ERROR: Module crypto not found!
kcontrol: ERROR: Module useragent not found!
kcontrol: ERROR: Module khtml_plugins not found!

Needless to say, I'm not terribly pleased that a normal bugfix update
totally broke my KDE setup when all I really wanted were some screensavers
:)

Doing a quick Google search turned up the error message, but nothing helpful
about what to do about it. I've rm -rf'd my .kde directory to no use. I seem
to recall (now, not before I started the upgrade) that someone on this list
had a similar problem. Does this ring any bells? Has anyone upgraded and
found themselves dead in the water? If this is a common problem, does
Mandrake know about this? How do I fix it?

Help! I really don't want to reinstall from scratch.

Thanks in advance

David