On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 10:24, JOHAM,DAVID (HP-Boise,ex1) wrote:
> Who and how to tell? I'm really surprised that this isn't all over the
> message boards by now. Am we the only people having this problem, or the
> only ones who have done the upgrade? Is anyone from Mandrake following this
> list? Vincent?
>
> David

The who to tell is bugs.mandrake.com.  The Anthill bug reporting system
is getting listened too so it would be a first stop for sure.

The cure for lost menu's

First verify that /etc/menu/menudrakeentry looks something like.

?package(menu): needs="kde" icon="applications_section.png" section="/"
title=".hidden" charset="ISO-8859-1"
?package(menu): command="superkaramba" needs="x11" icon="Cola.xpm"
section="Configuration/Other/" title="Super Karamba"
charset="ISO-8859-1"
?package(menu): needs="wmaker" icon="applications_section.png"
section="/" title="Exit" charset="ISO-8859-1"
?package(menu): needs="wmaker" icon="applications_section.png"
section="Session/" title="Window Maker" charset="ISO-8859-1"
?package(menu): needs="wmaker" icon="applications_section.png"
section="Session/Window Maker/" title="Appearance" charset="ISO-8859-1"
?package(menu): needs="wmaker" icon="applications_section.png"
section="Session/Window Maker/Appearance/" title="Background"
charset="ISO-8859-1"
?package(menu): needs="wmaker" icon="applications_section.png"
section="Session/Window Maker/Appearance/Background/" title="Gradient"
charset="ISO-8859-1"
?package(menu): needs="wmaker" icon="applications_section.png"
section="Session/Window Maker/Appearance/Background/" title="Images"
charset="ISO-8859-1"
?package(menu): needs="wmaker" icon="applications_section.png"
section="Session/Window Maker/Appearance/Background/" title="Solid"
charset="ISO-8859-1"
?package(menu): needs="wmaker" icon="applications_section.png"
section="Session/Window Maker/" title="Information" charset="ISO-8859-1"
?package(menu): needs="wmaker" icon="applications_section.png"
section="Session/Window Maker/" title="Selection" charset="ISO-8859-1"
?package(menu): needs="wmaker" icon="applications_section.png"
section="Session/Window Maker/" title="Workspace" charset="ISO-8859-1"

Note the title lines if they are "" instead of whatever things go bad.
Anything you put in will get stuff back.

Then as the user (not root) do either update-menus, or if you want to
see the output update-menus -v

James