Hi.

I'm trying to run a second X session ( :1 ) with
a different configuration and resolution
from the first one. As TFM says, in order
to do it i have to use a second XF86Config
file and call xinit like, assuming my second
config file is called '/etc/X11/secondconfig' :

xinit [command] -- -xf86config secondconfig :1

right? no. here's the problem:
the second session (in vt8) starts up
fine, but the xterm that is supposed to
include gets launched in the FIRST display!
So, the new X session only gives me a solid
blue screen and the mouse cursor. No xterm,
nothing to do. If i close the xterm that was
started in display :0 then the display :1 quits
as expected.

I have noticed that this does not happen
if i don't try to specify a different XF86Config
file. But, well, i need to. And i don't
want to go around changing XF86Config
files back and forth as that would require
me to type the root password over and over.

has anyone tried to do this before?

Thanks.

Damian