Have a look at
http://www.mondorescue.org/
Dj

Tom McLaughlin wrote:

Hi all, I have an 80 gig xfs formatted drive that I use for data
storage.  The drive is almost full so I have ordered a new 200 gig drive
to replace it.  Now I need to figure out how to mirror the contents of
the old drive onto the new one.  I had thought about mirroring the
drives using `dd` but I don't think that's the right way to go since the
drives are not the same size.  From reading the xfsdump man page it
looks like the following should take care of my needs:

# xfsdump -J - /old | xfsrestore -J - /new

Are there any other arguments that I should add to xfsdump or xfsrestore
such as blocksize?  Are there any caveats to doing this considering the
amount of data to be transfered or to be aware of when using this
method?  Am I going in the complete wrong direction and should instead
be using something else?  All help is greatly appreciated.  If you can't
tell, I'm super paranoid about screwing this up.  Thanks!

Tom