On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 19:43, Eric Huff wrote:
> > > On my comcrap, i seem to have a choice: run acpi or run the
> > > paralell port.  i can't do both...
> > >
> > > eric
> >
> > Have you tried removing acpi from your lilo?
>
> Yeah, i have a choice:
> acpi=on and then no parallel port,
> or
> acpi=off, and then the comp doesn't shut down.
>
> Not sure what acpi=ht means.  I'll hae to check it out....
>
> This is all under 9.1.
>
> eric

Hmm... I don't pretend to know about kernel stuff, but it seems odd that
that would affect your parallel ports.  All I can say is, try 9.2 - I
don't have any p port stuff, but without acpi in lilo -- off or on --
just removed altogether, my machine shuts down now.
--
Michael Holt
Snohomish, WA                       (o_

manager in the cable duct