I'm thinking of switching to Mandrake from RedHat 9 since RedHat is
effectively discontinuing the full-fledged "hobbyist" version of RedHat and
splitting the userbase between "Fedora" for those of us who don't have
several hundred dollars for "enterprise" linux and those who have the money
and need for "Enterprise" linux.

My question is, how well would the switch go? I typically keep my home
directory on it's own partition and another partition with some MP3s and
other miscellaneous data. I typically blow everything else away and reformat.
One thing I liked about RedHat was that when I did this, it would recognize
how my system was partitioned and offer to re-use the old partitions. Will
Mandrake do this for me? I'm on RedHat 9.0 right now with ext3 file systems
throughout.

I have used Mandrake before, but the last time I think I used it was back
around Mandrake 5 or 6, before they made it so difficult to get ISOs of the
distro. I basically liked it then, but there were a few "advanced" features I
wasn't so thrilled with, but I'm looking at giving it another shot.
        Thanks...
        John