This used to work but I think partially due to my recent problem, spam
assassin won't start up anymore. I get execvp: no such file or directory
when doing 'service spamassassin start". I think it's time to start the
thing again from telinit 1 to be sure. No wonder I am getting so much spam
in my inbox.

Thoughts? I figure execvp is a call to look for a file, but heaven knows
which one at this point. In removing and reinstalling postfix, anything
could have happened. Months ago, I set up spamassassin as a per-user
filter run through procmail.