Do a `which fab`, and edit/view that file. Note that the first line of the
script is (for me at least)

#!/usr/bin/python

Now do a `which python`, and I'm willing to guess yours points to somewhere
else (possibly /usr/local/bin/python).

Change that she-bang line to whatever the output of `which python`, and
that should probably fix it. Alternatively, you can change the line to
`#!/usr/bin/env python`.

Cheers,
Kurt