I actually wrote this project about a year and a half ago, but I never
mentioned it anywhere. It's mostly for me, but it has comprehensive
documentation and test coverage, so it's suitable for general use, should
anyone be interested.

I have a few personal servers to manage and I've long wished for some tooling
that's less cumbersome than Ansible, et al. The overwhelming majority of what I
need is just copying files and for the rest I'm happy to write a bit of code.
Fabsync
is the result.

https://pypi.org/project/fabsync/

This is a library, not a framework. It uses a Fabric connection to copy a
source directory to a remote destination, like rsync. Additional configuration
can be sprinkled throughout the source tree in TOML files, for instance to set
user, group and permissions. Render functions can be registered to preprocess
selected files in any way you see fit (using a template engine, for example).
There are also some quality-of-life features, such as capturing diffs and using
tags to select subsets of files for syncing.

I don't have any particular plans for the project beyond its present state, but
feel free to reach out with thoughts and feedback.

https://sr.ht/~psagers/fabsync/

Thanks,
Peter