Hi,

I am a noob too, starting to play with opengl using the redbook and
factor so here is an example of how to make an animation using timers.
I couldn't figure out how to do it using <slate>. It is probably not
the best solution and it flicks (I still don't know how to do
double-buffering in factor).

Hope its usefull.

[]s,
Ricardo Boccato Alves.

TUPLE: test-gadget offset ;

: <test-gadget> ( -- gadget )
  test-gadget construct-gadget
  dup 0 swap set-test-gadget-offset ;

M: test-gadget pref-dim* ( gadget -- dim )
  drop { 600 600 } ;

M: test-gadget draw-gadget* ( gadget -- )
  test-gadget-offset dup 2array
  origin get
  v+
  [ blue gl-color
    { 30 30 } { 100 100 } gl-fill-rect
  ] with-translation ;

M: test-gadget tick ( object -- )
  [ [ test-gadget-offset 10 + ] keep set-test-gadget-offset ] keep
  relayout-1 ;

: test-window ( -- )
  [
    <test-gadget>