Hello Steve,

Welcome to Factor, it is a great community.

You may want to look here to see how to run a Factor script from the
command line:

http://leto.net/factor/2008/11/running-a-factor-script.html

Then you tie that in with how your editor invokes external commands
(:! in vim). You can even
have the script use the highlighted text in the editor to determine
what to run, etc.

Cheers,

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Steve Weeks <nbxst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm learning factor and have some of those noob questions.  I can
> program in quite a few languages, the usual things plus Smalltalk,
> Ruby and a little Forth, so my questions aren't really about the
> language (which looks pretty interesting).  It is the simple things
> like using the REPL appropriately.  Right now, I'm using Scite and
> while I'm usually willing to switch editors (and really want syntax
> coloring) I'm am not willing to switch to emacs so FUEL is not an
> option.  I looked at emacs again today and I know people really love
> it, but no, I'm not willing to switch.  So here is my question...
>
> I edit my code in Scite, press ctrl-S to save the file.
> Atl-tab to switch to the Factor listener.
> Press ctrl-P
> Down arrow twice to the line "xxxx" reload
> Press enter twice
> Assuming I didn't screw anything up (I'm a noob, remember)
> Press ctrl-P
> Down arrow twice
> Press enter twice to run the word for my app
>
> I'm sure there is a simpler way and I'm going to feel dumb when you tell me
> ;-P
>
> Steve

  Jonathan Leto
jal...@gmail.com