>>>>> "Glenn" == V Glenn Tarcea <gtar...@umich.edu> writes:

Glenn> I really like how Factor allows either usage, even though it
Glenn> creates a tension between the two styles.

I personally dislike Eduardo's style, as it leads to code which looks
too complicated to me and I think that it encourages longer
words. What I like a lot about concatenative languages is the ability
to easily refactor parts of existing words into new, shorted words,
without any rewriting, and I have the feeling that this is often lost
when locals are in the game.

But heck, Eduardo shares much more Factor code than I do, so I let the
code talk and wouldn't allow myself to criticize his (very useful IMO)
experiments, even if I would prefer the Factor standard library to be
more in a stack-oriented style.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- s...@rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/