2010/3/29 Samuel Tardieu <s...@rfc1149.net>

> Slava> factorcode.org and concatenative.org, which are served by
> Slava> Factor's http.server, run on linode.com. I'm not sure if it
> Slava> qualifies as "cheap" (depending on the plan its $20 - $100 USD
> Slava> per month) however they give you root access on a user-mode Linux
> Slava> instance so you can do pretty much anything you want short of
> Slava> installing a non-Linux OS. The main drawback in my experience is
> Slava> that they're stingy with disk space and adding more is expensive,
> Slava> so we use Dreamhost for downloads.factorcode.org.
>
> Just in case it is useful: rfc1149.net runs on a Kimsufi machine at OVH
> (France) and I'm quite happy for it. I host several domains and services.
>
> For 29,99€+VAT (35,87€) per month, that is around $50, you have a
> dedicated server with a 1.2G Celeron D, 2GB of RAM and 500GB or
> disk. You have a 100MB symetric network connection with no cap. And you
> can install whatever system you want (Linux, Solaris, *BSD, Windows).

And it looks like going through their UK-based service (instead of the
French one) you can get it for $30/month:  http://kimsufi.co.uk/ks/

There is an asterix near the "unlimited traffic" specification: ** : Traffic
is unlimited. If you exceed 3 TB / month connection will be limited to 10
Mbps. Optionally, a flow rate of 100 Mbps (1Gbps or if you have opted for
the 1G switchport) will be allocated for the purchase of additional traffic
TB. £14.90 per additional TB