It's not like the Smalltalk browser, but have you seen the
vocabulary
                browser in the help system?

Yes, but I did not want both a development GUI and a help GUI.  I thought
that keeping the doc for a word bound to the code but in a different tab in
the same GUI might be less distracting during transitions between code and
doc.  Not sure yet.  The two GUIs are a little distracting.  Moreover, I
want only to click, if possible, not type to get info.  So I prefer to
browse real code instead of a pretty HTML representation of it (although I
like that too, very much).

                Try this in the listener:

                "sequences" about

I want to keep my continuity in the code.  The Browser is a great way to
manage a journey through the HTML doc, but the HTML structures seem like
second class citizens.  I cannot evaluate any of the words without moving to
the Factor GUI.

                You can browse nested vocabularies too, for example try

                "io" about

Yes, it's all good as far as it goes.  But something is missing.  It's the
integration.  I'm contemplating a scheme (currently at the DSL level) by
which I can compose an expression by browse-clicking words by the context of
the expression under construction, instead of by looking up a word or
remembering it, and then typing it.  Typing to learn is a drag.  Typing to
write is okay, but I think we can improve that too.

Why can't we use an HTML-based word-browser to assemble the words that will
be placed on a line or formatted in a rectangular area of the screen,
dynamically as we select the words?  I can see a way to make this work in
the CRUD DSL I have in mind.  I'm not as clear on the needed formatting
constraints where lower-level Factor is concerned.

Ultimately, I want free-form text to go away, and be replaced by words (not
identifiers) in a tree.  I have a specific grammar for accomplishing this,
but I need considerable exercise yet with Factor before I implement it.

Shaping