What is currently the best example/demo involving a locally running
web-server serving  HTML pages?  I need to get more deeply into HTML 5 and
CSS 3, anyway.

Shaping

From: Jim mack [mailto:j...@less2do.com]
Sent: 2010-November-11, 13:29
To: factor-talk@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Factor-talk] Factor GUI

Don't ignore the possibility of deploying as a local http server and having
a local webapp.  The server would be on the box, so it could do things
locally, call COM, access clipboard.  It's how I'm trying to do things, and
works cross-platform, and is only limited by your html/css skills.

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 1:35 AM, Shaping <shap...@charter.net> wrote:

> I would still like to convince my sup that Factor is the way to go, and

> he'll want the latest and greatest Windows 7 GUI, eventually. So my next

> question is:  Has anyone undertaken the task of making a more up-to-date

> looking set of widgets for Factor to use when creating GUI apps, even if

> those widgets/gadgets will not be used in the dev-environ itself?

The widget styles for the Factor UI itself are just images, stored in

basis/ui/gadgets/theme. Reskinning is a simple matter of replacing

those images. But for end-user applications, you don't necessarily

have to stick with the Factor UI's widgets. Since you're only

targeting Windows, you can use the native Win32 APIs, or some other UI

toolkit library.

Yes, I was referring to the Win32 APIs.  Is anyone working on this now?

This is not the best strategy, anyway, if a broad deployment is the
objective.  The current Factor style reminds me of the Motif style.

Shaping

Jim
"I'm for extending the working Medicare program for our seniors all the way
back to contraception, so Americans can concentrate on living their lives
without fear of changing a job, going bankrupt from deductibles or fighting
HMO bureaucracy."