i guess you wand to use run-pipeline on factor quotes instead of just unix
commands so you would dispatch to run-pipeline-element on a callable
instead of a "object" which i guess is a string (?)

i would just throw a quote instead of a string into the sequence and it
should just work as long as run-pipeline creates input/outputs for it, your
quotation would though need to read stdin and write stdout i guess so it
would "fit in"