Digging through some older posts from Slava I found
http://factor-language.blogspot.com/2008/06/syntax-proposal-for-multi-methods.html
which proposes a new syntax for word declarations which unifies the
following words.

   - M:
   - GENERIC:
   - MEMO::
   - MACRO::
   - M::
   - GENERIC#
   - HOOK:

Frankly, I really like this syntax and would make use of it.

Is this still planned, desired, or on anyone's mind? I could probably work
on it, but I don't have a lot of experience with the internals and I'm a
little swamped with teaching.

--

Jason Hiebel

PhD Candidate, Michigan Technological University
MS, BS in Computer Science, BS in Mathematics