I think there are a lot of benefits to doing something along the lines of
@slavapestov's proposal.  He wasn't able to finish it before being
distracted by other priorities. One of the thing that @erg and I would like
to do is make a priority list of 0.98 and this could be on it.  If you
want, we can discuss how to do it on a GitHub issue:

https://github.com/slavapestov/factor/issues/935