It's probably easiest to specify the full path to the file, like I did
in my previous message.  Combined with the full path to the docsplit
binary/link (for your particular problem), it should theoretically
work fine:

"/full/path/to/docsplit text --no-clean -l chi_sim
/path/to/1_long_gu/long_gu001.pdf" try-process