Hello, Tim!

28.01.2017, 21:55, "Timothy Hobbs" <timo...@hobbs.cz>:
> I noticed that factor likes to write to its own source directory, creating
> factor files, by default in ./factor/work.

  I can't say Factor does much writing to its source directories. What did you
do to make it?

  It can create some files in its root folder, next to the main executable, if
you do file output operations without changing the current directory, or if you
save the image file, but other than that I haven't noticed much writing going
on.

> How does this work when you update factor?

  In the Factor distribution the work folder is empty, except for the
README.txt that states that it's the folder for your own projects. It contains
only things you put in there (using scaffold-work, for example), so when you
update Factor, its contents will be preserved.