On Mar 23, 2005, at 4:30 AM, mark robert wrote:

Or is it Sanscrit?

Sanskrit, if it refers to a text. I try to avoid TMO metaphors and buzzwords as they are often ambiguous or misleading--although sometimes well defined words like CC, GC or UC are better depending on who you are talking to. If I only know the Tibetan and not the Sanskrit, I will use Tibetan, but typically only to someone like RJ who will know what I am talking about.

It is helpful for TMO people to try to learn the Sanskrit equivalents for the various buzzwords, as this will allow them a greater breadth by being able to locate them in the texts themselves. This will not require actually having to learn Sanskrit.

There are many words for higher states of consciousness and aspects of the path that simply don't exist in other languages.