>> In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>One of the real crimes here is that Michael Schiavo has denied her
any kind of therapy to rehabilitate her from the get go.

Akasha:
Quite untrue according to the report Mark provided this morning. He
spent the first 3-4 years trying all sort of therapies, devoting all
of his time to help her come out of her state.

> He has been heard by his
> first x girl friend saying "that woman has ruined his life."

Akasha:
Assuming this is true (and so much stuff appears made up -- just
stating someone heard something doesn't provide much proof. A strong
case for such statements would be stating who heard this, when, did
they, at the time, document or tell others what they heard, etc) -- if
someone spends every free moment caring for someone bedridden, it can
take a huge toll.

Akasha:
I was a caregiver for my mom for three years in her final stages of
alzhiemers. It can be a draining and stressful job, particularly when
there is an environment of care where all the family is not of one
mind. I can understand how someone could, in fatigue and stress, vent
and say something like your quote. And maybe its true -- that caring
for Terry caused Michael to give up much. A venting statement doesn't
change the fact that he apparently spent 4 years of very focused total
commitment work serving terry and her rehabilitation. If he did that,
which Marks' cited report indciates, he should be applauded for the
totality of his actions, not some isolated statements that may have
been simply venting.

> Many people that
> have worked in the hospices that Terri has been in over the years
have heard
> him make remarks out of frustration like "when is she going to
die?" and
> also refer to Terri as a bitch.

Again, if this did occur, why have not these people come forward,
named, and stories checked out. It sounds like rumor, growing on rumor
to me. But even if he did say it, you stated the case yourself: he
said it in frustration. Per above, being a full time caregiver can be
draining, exasperating, exhasuting and frustrating. Its obvious that
at some points in time, caregivers will say things in frustration.

And "when is she going to die" could have been said in many tones. It
could have been a simple question, one of reverence, one of practical
planning, one of fear. Just those words by themselves, with no
context, doesn't paint a bad picture of michael to me. I asked at
times, regarding my mom, when is she going to die. It was not
malicious at all. First its a practical question. How long do we need
to plan care? 3 months, 3 years, 30 years? I asked it wondering how I
would feel when she had gone. I asked it as in a prayer -- when are
you (god) going to let her move on?

He called her a bitch? Again how well docuemtned is this? But assuming
he said it. How many people have muttered "you bitch" to someone they
love -- maybe directly, maybe playfully, maybe under their breath,
maybe venting in deep frustration, maybe as a right-on description? Is
anyone who calls their female spouse or girl friend a bitch now
equated with Scott Peterson? We will need a 100 million new jail cells.

>> How can anybody take his word for anything? This guy is no better
than Scott Peterson and should have no power over anybody's
life.

You equate him with Scott Peterson bcasue he may, or may not, have
said "when is she going to die?", "she ruined my life" .. . Wow you
texans ARE tough, huh.

>> This isn't to mention that he abandoned her and now

> We could go point by point on each statement but your mind is  made up.

You are so entertaining MD.

Actually my mind is not at all made up. As I get new information, I
modify my views if the information warants it. Yesterday, I posted
that I thought Michael was getting a large estate from Terry and thus
it seem fishy. I learned that was not true. I modified my views. I
read the report Mark posted this morning. It seemed more reliable than
other sources and countered many "myths" I had heard before.  So my
views werefurter refined.

Regardless, I did not state a position in my post. I simple found your
logic on your posted points quite weak and uncompelling.   Your
retort, there is a pattern here, is that I have mad up my mind, so why
discuss it. Thats a good diversion tactic I suppose when you cant
argue the facts or defend your points.

I say this is a pattern in that a majority of posts in the last six
months where I counter your points or logic, you don't argue the
merits, you simple say my mind is made up and why debate with anyone
that closed minded.

My mind is never irretracabley made up. I have no qualmsin changing
positions when I learn more.  However, you continue to repeatedly
argue state that I am closed minded, that my mind is made up on every
issue I bring up when countering some point you made.

Could it be that you are caught up in a projection defense mechanism?
Is it that uou can't face the fact that your mind is made up, and not
particularly flexible or open to new information, and you feel
discomfortable with this. And that temporary relief is gained by
accusing others, particularly those that challenge you with points you
cant argue agaisnt well, that they are closed minded? Hey, its just a
hypothesis.