akasha_108 wrote:
> Well even though Dr Pete seems to have left the room, or his mind
body
> perhaps has been inhabited by aliens of the dark-side persuasion,
his
> message must still live on:
>
>     "You are making a fundamental mistake, A hige epistemological
> mistake. Pure Consciousness does not shift. Consciousness identifed
> with the mind, creating a false sense of ego, shifts all the time.
But
> this is not Consciousness reflecting its true nature. It is
ignorance.

>      Consciousness experienceing Consciousness, just IS. To claim
no
> individuality, and to just be Consciousness, and then to speak of
> Consciousness shifting is absurd and indicates a lack of real
> experience. You are using waking state dharma to talk about the
domain
> of Consciousness. Consciousness has its own domain, its own dharma.
> Don't confuse the two or you will be trapped in an utter maze of
> eternal ignorance."
>
> Channeling the former, real, no-self, Dr. Pete
>
> :)

Rory writes:
You are (as always) doing an excellent job at taking ("2-D") conic-
sections or slides or snapshots of the various contradictory or
paradoxical aspects of ("3-D") conic Brahman, akasha; many thanks!

Brahman is the unchanging ever-shifting emptiful No-Self/Self/Other
Absolute/Relative. It embraces all of time-space. It embraces (all
of) the individual mind(s). The individual mind or Ahamkara
cannot "get" Peter-Brahman, because the "I" still believes in
spacetime -- takes discrete moments in time as somehow "real"
(Ahamkara-Manas in action) and delights in comparing and contrasting
to discriminate and figure out which one is "really" True (Ahamkara-
Buddhi in action) -- unaware that the Ahamkara-self is the very
thing in its own way. It appears the only way to "get" Peter-Brahman
is to let Peter-Brahman "get" each of us -- take it all as True, or
none of it as True. Be whole-hearted, in other words. Brahman spans
the whole thing, from heaven to hell, from the infinitely large to
the infinitely small, and from the sublime to the ridiculous.

It reminds of the way the situation in Iraq has been described by
some -- we are in Iraq (they say), ostensibly trying to eliminate
terrorists, when it is our very presence there that is creating more
terrorists. The only way to "solve" the problems in Iraq, say these
pundits, is to unequivocally withdraw, now; the resultant chaos will
sort itself out. (I make no claims as to the ultimate
political "Truth" of this world-view -- only using it as an example
of the way it mirrors the difficulties of the ego getting in its own
way.)

As always, many thanks for providing me with some fun fodder to chew
on :-)

LLL,
Rory