Dear akasha,

Many thanks! Your post, while (as always) beautifully expressed, is
too long and involved for me at the moment to reproduce and
interleaf, answering point by point. Bottom line: I do not know what
Tom's consciousness is to himself; I know what he is in me. His
descriptions of the actual extinction of the small self, of the
death of the witness -- like Peter's -- I can only identify with the
extinction of Ahamkara in B.C. -- or if you like, the "real C.C.,"
though IMO this does a grave injustice to the prior states of C.C.,
G.C., and U.C., which though impermanent are valuable and in a sense
necessary, even if from Brahman's POV still "pretend" and filtered
through a previously-unsuspected Ahamkara. Thanks to our dialogue, I
am getting a lot clearer on "where" these states of consciousness
are in the Purusha-body. They do serve a purpose.

Yes, C.C. knows the perfect duality of the Unmanifest and the
Relative, but it has no conception of the extinction of the "small
self," the Guru-Christ-Self or Ahamkara. What has died? Nothing. We
only have the unchanging, unmanifest Self added to all the rest,
together with the appreciation that all action is automatic. U.C.
knows it's all me, that I embrace all space-time if I care to put my
attention there, but again it has no conception of the extinction of
the unsuspected intermediating small self which is yet to come.
Again, this small self is virtually invisible until its sudden
disappearance in B.C., when the rug is totally pulled out and there
are no longer any distinctions anywhere; there ONLY is the emptiful
Great Immensity.

Your mind(s) is/are beautifully refined, and I mean that in all awe
and appreciation of your intellect. But at the moment you still
appear (to me) to be pretending perhaps to be Ahamkara-bound (this
as evidenced by your attempts to distinguish and separate the self-
evidently inseparable with logic), and so we really cannot go any
further; logic is lovely but utterly useless where the ever-present
and non-dual B.C. is concerned. THAT recognizes THAT. That's how I
recognize Tom to be speaking the Truth. It's a freakin' paradox only
the unselfed heart-belly can comprehend. Even in U.C., the self-
bound mind and the self-bound logic simply cannot quite really get
it, nor imagine it, nor comprehend it, nor describe it. I am sorry
if I implied otherwise.

Brahman for me is supremely simple, self-evident, obvious, a priori
(all of this is also a lie of course), and it makes sense to me to
assume that (every)one is in Brahman unless s/he gives evidence of
resisting that. Tom does not; on the contrary he shows every
evidence of no-self realization. So for me, right now, Tom is in
Brahman, at the very least. You are of course welcome to create your
own reality and put him anywhere you like. Being sliced up by logic
into *unconnected* neat conic-sections "hurts" the primordial heart
of Brahman a little -- you know the thorns around Christ's heart in
those Catholic chapels? -- but I guess we can take it. :-) And heck,
I think maybe that's what you're actually saying, too. If so, let's
hear it for the indescribable THAT! :-) As you say, I yam what I
yam, sweet potater pie!

Love,
R.