Thanks Ben. Yes, I know $10 was low ball, I just wanted to show that
even at that very conservative figure, its expensive. But $100 seems
high. What is the rate the puja.net pundits are paid? I thought it was
a "high" rate, to attract the best, around $20-30 / day?

Your figure of 300-500 rupees is $6-10 /day. Are ingredients / pundit
that expensive?

Also, the various constraints discussed in this and adjacent posts
point to the need for more net pundits, not just utilizing existing
ones. I know only Brahmins are allowed to be pundits. Are there
sub-castes of Brahmins from which most pundits come? Some sub-castes
of Brahmins that cannot become pundits? Also women cannot be pundits
can they?

Presumably the caste restrictions have to do with a genetic propensity
to chant correctly / optimally. How valid do you believe
this is?

Instead of importing pundits, long run it would seem prudent and more
efficient to train pundits locally. In the US start training local
boys and girls. Not from a long line of genetic brahmins. What are
your thoughts on this?

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "benjaminccollins"