I have received an email that asks me to outline my position on
matters currently under discussion on TM newsgroups:-
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.meditation.transcendental

As many of you are already aware, I am the author of 'The Maharishi:
The Biography of the Man Who Gave Transcendental Meditation to the
World', currently viewable at http://www.paulmason.info/

My relationship with the subjects in question i.e. Guru Dev, MMY, TM
and the TMO remain pretty constant. That is to say I continue to
monitor events, review statements in the light of fresh discoveries
and get inspired when I hear genuine spiritual wisdom. If that
inspiration comes from MMY, fine, if it comes from Guru Dev, fine,
and if it comes from anywhere else that's fine too. Unlike `movement'
types I can admire the outpourings of any saint or cynic without
feeling a divided loyalty or worrying that it might be reported.
Contrary to the suggestions of certain posters, I don't have any
hidden agenda that at some time will be exposed! I have no links with
anyone I know to be an 'enemy' of MMY. Although I have quoted
Shankaracharya of Dwarka, Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati, a strong
critic of MMY, I have never met him, never had any exchanges with him
nor am likely to. However, I have met with someone of a slightly
similar name, Baba Roopanand - a dear old sadhu.
http://www.paulmason.info/mala/roopanand.htm

The strongest criticisms I have so far received on my own writings
(in over 10 years) coincidentally come from Ms Stein [who admits to
have done no more than skip through my biography of MMY] & Mr
Brigante, who has stooped to making libellous statements on TMNEWS
about myself and the highly respected holy man Dandi Swami Narayanand
Saraswati.
http://www.paulmason.info/mala/narayanand.htm
http://www.hinduismtoday.com/archives/1995/8/1995-8-04.shtml
http://www.paulmason.info/mala/synopsis.htm

Re: Current news of TMO yagya in India.
As appears that Guru Dev did not initiate the oft-referred to
Mahayagna prior to the cessation of WW2, but was invited to
participate, which he is said to have done. Apparently there is an
article in a publication ('Time'?) contemporaneous with the event
which names another Shankaracharya as officiating!?