Maharishi to me is todays headlines of fanatics.  You can read em all in his words. I thank him for it.
----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Mason
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 4:36 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Paul Mason, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, Guru Dev, TM & The TMO

'The initiation took place in front of a picture of Guru Dev and I
was told that I should consider neither my initiator nor Maharishi
Mahesh Yogi as my spiritual teacher but the Guru Dev himself.' -
Dinesh Khare [from his introduction to 'Strange Facts About A Great
Saint' - a biography of His Divinity Swami Brahmanand Saraswati
Maharaj]

Like many others I have been uncomfortable about many of the
initiatives undertaken in recent years by the TMO and about certain
of the recent announcements made by MMY. Furthermore, Of late I have
been pressed to question my views of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi whose
biography I wrote some ten years ago. Gradually I am coming to
realise that he now seems to speak an entirely different language, a
language I cannot respect, a voice against democracy. Thus I review
the criticisms of his peer group and of his detractors, wondering if
there might be any substance to their rants.

When I pose such questions on TM newsgroups I am confronted by self-
elected representatives twisting my words and twisting my motives.
One thing I have learned from this experience is that I have been
naieve in the extreme to think that TMers are either more more likely
to be more honest or more reasonable than non-meditators. But Guru
Dev was clear that one should tolerate the intoleration of others.