> on 4/2/05 9:30 PM, akasha_108 at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >> If you really want to get picky about it, ignorance doesn't dissolve
> > because
> >> it never existed.
> >
> > Then whats all the (apparent) fuss ?
> >
> >> Are we ever going to change the subject of this thread?
> >
> > Then Shut your Ignorant Mouth!
> >
> > (which is a fallacy since neither you nor the ignorance of your mouth
> > ever existed.)
> >
> > You like it ? :)

> I guess you're joking,

Yes, I am. Sorry the joke was not clear enough.

>What I meant by the subject of the thread is
> "Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: New file uploaded to FairfieldLife", since
the discussion has long since morphed into areas not covered in the
uploaded file.

Yes, i understood that.

> >  because such language is way out of character for you

Yes, you know I would never say such to you in earnest.

> but I don't get the joke.

The main point of your post was that ignorance did not exist. Playing
with that, I thought, if ignorance does not exist, then you cannot
have an ignorant mouth -- it does not exist.

Thus the request to "shut your ignorant mouth" is equivalent to saying
"Do Nothing" because you can't shut a mouth (ignorant) that does not
exist.

Its equivalent to saying "Do less accomplish and accomplish more, do
Nothing and Accomplish Everything." Or " Be still and be with God"

So the juxtaposition of the two meanings associated with the one
phrase is such a huge contrast: an admonition to be with God on one
level, and a rude red neck remark on the other. It's funny. The
contrast, the  unfathomable gap between the two, is funny. At least to
me.

But I realize half my jokes are probably not gotten. My humor beats to
the sound of a different drummer.

Like my joke the other day, feigning agreement with those who were
lamenting the focus on death with christ on cruxifix and all.

I thought their lamenting funny because its a puppy dog, sugar and
spice and everything nice view of religion. Where is the dance of
Shiva, the dance of Kali on the corpse, the aghoris in the smashen
ground eating from skulls? Where is the Totality of Brahman. Where is
the understanding that death doesn't exist -- except in its limited
sense of the death of ignorance and attachments?

Anyway, I thought that joke was funny too. But then again, I guess I
may laugh too much.

Creation! What a concept!! Its funny!!! When you get the joke.