Here is a little a bit of info re antidepressants:  There is DNA testing for a
gene encoding
enzyme called CYP2D6*2.  It is a genotype whose activity is affected by certain
drugs.
Prozac (and the SSRI's, I believe) is a drug that decreases [EMAIL PROTECTED]
activity.  This means
that if you  are heterozygous for this gene you should be very cautious when
taking SSRI's
since you are much more likely to have a negative response than the typical
person.
Learned this due to testing for one of my children, who years ago had a
really bad response to a tiny bit of Zoloft. I wonder why young people put on
the SSRI's are
not automatically pretested for this genotype.  Might save a lot of anguish,
altho maybe it
costs too much.  You can also be tested for other genotypes that have their own
relationship with various other drugs - gives you a heads up on what to stay
away from fio
you consider yourself sensitive to medication.