Oh yeah, one needs a teacher, or how else will they socialize.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:51 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Meditation for kids

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]...>
wrote:

> Do you think that a trained Sidha can teach kids TM without the
puja
> to be effective? or it is important that the kid have an
> accommodating  mantra chosen by a TM-teacher?

**********

The ancient text Srimad Devi Bhagavatam (this is not the more well-
known/popular Srimad Bhagavatam) lists the TM mantras, but then
cautions that one should not start this powerful meditation casually,
but get a qualified teacher, or else the "results will not be good."

http://www.21stbooks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

[I read this a long time ago, and can no longer list in which chapter
the TM mantras (called bija, "seed," mantras in Sanskrit) are listed,
but they're there, along with the caveat I mention above --
ultimately the TM mantras are derived from the Rig Veda -- FWIW, the
translation I read in 1975 was not done by somebody associated with
the TM movement]

Bob