(snip)

> We were just discussing this on another list and one opinion I
have
> always held is that *IF* MMY really wanted to get people to Cosmic
> Consciousness and if he really claimed to be representing the
> Shankaracharya Tradition, he would use the standard texts of the
> tradition on attainment of CC. These texts are very explicit on
how to
> attain CC. One thing they insist: use Patanjali as part of that
path.
> You know the bizarre thing? They insist you skip the entire
siddhis
> portion, ESPECIALLY the levitation siddhi! They also warn on
> channelling, other beings, etc. Otherwise it is said you will
NEVER
> obtain CC. Period.

My personal experience with the TMSiddhi program in total is that
nothing previous to this practice has so clearly cultivated the
growth of silence into my daily life. Having said that, I tend to
think that the Siddhi practice especially the flying sutra was
brought out by MMY more for the effect it would have on the world as
a whole rather than how it immediately rescue the practicioner from
the world of dharma and suffering. I suspect that the majority of us
here have so far to go before we are fully disentangled from our
masses of karmic knots that it's better we concentrate on cleaning
our house rather than vacating it. In short, for most the TMSiddhi
practice or something like it is the most appropriate action for now.

Rick Carlstrom