--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Akasha,
> >
> > Thank you for your lengthy and thoughtful reply. I can much better
> > understand your overall perspective now, which oddly enough is
> very
> > much like my own.

On the other hand, Jim, if I were you I wouldn't doubt my perceptions
of Akasha's sometimes having had a "mean-spirited" quality in his
posts. When confronted in the past he has often denied them with a
sweetly reasonable post like this last one, and/or is quick to use
the "mirror defense," accusing YOU of projecting. While projection is
always a possibility, especially when the ego is threatened (which
Akasha has also demonstrated nicely from time to time), and is
morevoer absolutely the Truth from the "highest" level (i.e. we are
all "projecting" everything all the time from the Self), such truisms
nonetheless do not serve when used to deny one's feeling-level. The
Heart is beyond ego, beyond the small self, and quite capable of
perceiving the energy-signature of a given post.

This might be akin to what Peter has called "confusion of dharmas" --
i.e. misapplying the Truth of one "state" to justify bad behavior in
another -- like what some Gurus have done to evade responsibility for
obvious misdeeds and irresponsibility in "this" relative world by
claiming "absolute" freedom or "absolute" automatism/slavery (take
your pick; they're both true), or that they are just an innocent
mirror. While all of this is true, it doesn't relieve them of
accountability to maintain integrity and responsibility in this world.

Even if one is on the "Hatred" (or "Wisdom") path of neti neti,
discarding all "outside" and arriving emptily at Self alone, this path
is probably best practiced with integrity, ALONE, BY ONESELF, for as
long as it takes, as Jed McKenna nicely recommends -- not simply to be
used as an excuse to try to wound others, vent bile, prove one's own
superiority, and deny it all later because "it is all bliss" or "it is
all the Self."

Along the same lines, I believe it is very good to use the Mirror
analysis (as Byron Katie recommends) to realize that all is indeed a
drama of the Self, but that doesn't mean one will sit idly by while
injustice is done "out there" -- as this too is "in here." It merely
means the "charge" on our perception is removed; if action is really
necessary we will act from love or wholeness rather than from hatred
or denial.