> On Apr 20, 2005, at 8:51 AM, Patrick Gillam wrote:
>

> > Setting aside the texts for a moment, what are
> > peoples' experiences with the TM-Siddhi
> > program? It seems whacky to debate a text,
> > however learned, when we have such a large
> > cohort of people who've practiced the techniques
> > for decades. I'm thinking we could evaluate them
> > for ourselves, based on our own knowledge.
>
> In my experience of the siddhis they are subtle and sometime
> not-so-subtle experiences which have an outward manifestation--
that is;
> they are subtle INWARD experiences which you oddly notice
reflected in
> the OUTER. The problem is from my perspective, is they are
experiences
> and therefore represent a duality. You would absolutely have to
remain
> in a state of total equipoise and not be distracted from a unified
> state in other words for them to be of value. Otherwise you end up
> creating attachment and powerful karma at the subtle level.

Perhaps the siddhis are to be attained but never used. In other
words all the physical states and capabilities represented by the
siddhis really paint a picture of what the totally developed
individual is. At this point if the individual indulges itself in
the siddhis for excitement, well then they will have failed and are
basically back at square one where they look to the outside for
fullfilment. If they are ever correctly "used" then it is by God
through the surrender of the individual. I don't think that Bliss is
as much a destination as it is a sign post indicating that one is in
accord with the intelligent flow of nature.

Rick Carlstrom