> http://www.globalgoodnews.com/world-peace-a.html?
art=111364509412897845

> Maharishi: 'Now it is the media's turn to reflect on positive
events'
> by India Desk Staff Writer
>
> Age of Enlightenment News Service
> New Delhi, India
>
> While addressing the world media in his weekly press conference,
Maharishi
> Mahesh Yogi, founder of the Global Country of World Peace has said
that
> after years of his Vedic teachings through regular weekly press
conferences,
> he now expects the world media to reflect on the positive events
taking
> place in the world on societal and administrative levels.
>
> During the press conference, Maharishi was briefed on how peace and
harmony
> has finally come to Asia, particularly in the Indian sub-continent
which has
> been a direct outcome of the Mahayagyas and Anushthans being
performed by
> the Vedic experts in India.

There are huge demonstrations against Japanese businesses in China,
so I'll hold off on declaring that peace is breaking out. Musharraf
is subject to assassination at any time, and if he goes, it's likely
a less practical and more dogmatic govt will run Pakistan, which
could easily reverse the warm and fuzzy talk about Pak-India
relations.

> One of the significant developments in Asia is that, for the first
time,
> India and China have come together, almost achieving a breakthrough
in their
> long-standing border disputes. The statement of Chinese premier Wen
Jaibao
> who recently visited India is very significant - that India and
China are
> not rivals, but they are nations trying to help each other in many
areas.
> This news was displayed prominently in India and China, and
throughout the
> world press.
>
> Other major positive developments reflected in the media have taken
place on
> the rapidly evolving peace process between India and Pakistan. The
bus
> service started between Srinagar (India) and Muzzafarabad (Pakistan
Occupied
> Kashmir) is a watershed in bilateral relations between the two
nations. Also
> significant is the new agreement on the gas pipeline issue. The
statement of
> Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf who is arriving in New Delhi
today that
> the Line of Control (LoC) between the two nations could be turned
into `soft
> border' has also helped clear the political climate.
>
> Maharishi was also briefed about the media reports on the peace and
harmony
> returning to West Asia and other gulf countries. Interestingly, all
these
> developments have taken place since Maharishi took the resolve to
establish
> permanent world peace through Yagyas and Anushthans.
>
> Addressing the press conference, Maharishi said those who can not
have the
> opportunity to witness these Vedic routines can experience them
through the
> Peace Government which has been established in as many as 108
countries.

> Hitting out at the concepts of democracy and human rights,
Maharishi said