--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, George DeForest
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> from the writings of Cardinal Ratzinger,
> aka newly elected Pope Benedict XVI:
>
> "Rock" [music]. . . is the expression of elemental passions,
> and at rock festivals it assumes a cultic character, a form of
worship,
> in fact, in opposition to Christian worship. People are, so to
speak,
> released from themselves by the experience of being part of a crowd
> and by the emotional shock of rhythm, noise, and special lighting
effects.
> However, in the ecstasy of having all their defenses torn down,
> the participants sink, as it were, beneath the elemental force of
the
> universe."
> source:
> http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Pope_Benedict_XVI
>

> altho born and raised a catholic i am, thanks to the maharishi,
> at least 50% hindu, and happier for it.
>
> and, one week ago i attended the best rock concert of my life,
> Ireland's best: U2 ... it was totally phenomenal !!! and just as
much
> "like worship" as his holiness the pope rightly feared
> it would be ... ha, ha !!
>
> All is Brahman ...
> george d.

Pope Ratfinger the First is a creation of one of the most horribly
stressed massmurdering civilizations ever created on earth: he was a
HitlerJugend (whether against his will or not is not relevant to his
being part of a monster culture which warped his personality), and
it's not surprising that he is unable to enjoy life, an anhedonistic
spirit that displays itself in condemnations of music, and, of
course, opposition to TM.