A friend of mine a long time ago really really loved Sri Sri, and I wonder if anyone knows of him. Or Peter could you maybe ask. His name is Terence Wassgren. He was a tall punk rocker looking person with natural white blonde hair.  Last time I saw him was in 1990. Thanks.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 4:02 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Learn Sudarshan Kriya

Vaj wrote, more or less:

> bhuta-shuddhi (Purification of the five elements
> in the body/bodies) should always precede mantra.

Peter Sutphen, your originating post said kriya
breathing is the greatest, but would you agree
it should precede instruction in meditation? Always?

My 'ru chums who endorsed the Art of Living course
always said it was the best precursor to TM ever. I
blew them off because I never did even the TM
pranayam, so I figured I'd never do something more
elaborate.

Of course, if I did something more elaborate,
perhaps I'd get something out of it.

Seems to me this is another case where the best
approach would be for a qualified person to prescribe
what's best for the student. For example, in my ideal
world, a personal development program would
determine where a person needed the most help,
whether it be bodily purification, development of inner
silence, chi flow or whatever.

The diagnosis could be done through pulse diagnosis,
jyotish, dowsing, intuition or some other means.

What I'm describing may be what Ed Tarabilda promoted.
I know Mahesh Subrahmanyam provides a jyotish service
to these ends. But I'm thinking of a universal self-
development supermarket, where all the diagnoses
and prescriptions are available centrally. As it is now,
someone who wanted to follow this approach would have
to find their own sources and a la carte it, as it were.

Just a ramble. But my question for Dr. Pete is sincere.

- Patrick Gillam