--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "at_man_and_brahman"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Brigante" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > the

> > at a
> > same
> > (or
> > >

> > > Uh, Bob. Same old discussion we always have. The knucklehead you're
> > > referring to is Maharishi. His idea to do the tour. I'm sure he
> > would have
> > > preferred to open for the Beatles, but the Beach Boys had to do.
> >
> > *******
> >
> > If you don't remind rehashing this, providing proper guidance for MMY
> > is the job of TM management, not letting a goofy guy like Mike Love
> > put him in a ridiculous situation which anybody in this culture with
> > any sense (and this does include most rock musicians, whether they TM
> > or not) would know could not work. As far as MMY initiating this
> > idea, you can make that claim, but it's just nonsense -- this was
> > Mike Love's idea, and no TM managers stepped forward to kill this
> > doomed notion.
> >
> > MMY does let people tell him what to do if they are forceful -- an
> > example of this being MMY at the Honolulu airport in 1959, when his
> > driver grabbed his carpetbag out of his hand and took him home when
> > MMY admitted he had made no arrangements for his trip to San
> > Francisco:
> >
> > http://geocities.com/bbrigante/letter.html#HNL
> >
> > I know Mike Love has been a long-time ru -- his room was down the
> > hall from mine at the Humboldt TTC in August 1970 -- but before he
> > attended Humboldt, he ended up in a psych ward for a while after he
> > spaced out from a marathon meditation session (a scene depicted in
> > the 2000 ABC movie about the Beach Boys
> > http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie.aspx?m=31330 ), and Mike Love and
> > TM mgmt enthusiasm is no substitute for good judgement, and the bad
> > judgement of letting MMY on that stage at a rock concert pretty much
> > typifies the malfeasance of TM mgmt which continues to this day, and
> > MMY can't be blamed for that. He's a Hindu monk who does not know how
> > to operate in Western culture, and he said so when left India:
> >
> > http://geocities.com/bbrigante/comp.html#30
> >
> > TM managers are goofy, because the TM community is goofy, and so they
> > need to do reality checks with responsible and creative people
> > outside the movement who like to solve problems -- these people are
> > called consultants, and there many fine firms that do this type of
> > work -- one of the most prominent is Booz Allen Hamilton
> > http://www.boozallen.com/ , and if the TMO were to sit down with
> > these consultants, they could come up a business plan that works, and
> > not a fantasy based on the enthusiasm of eccentric people.
>
> Bob-zoid,
>
> A point that I don't recall ever having been
> made in rebuttal to your worldview is that
> you keep coming back to the present tense
> [...]

Also, Bob - I think your next statement will be your usual claim that actually,
MMY did/
does not want the TMO to succeed because we are not ready for such sattva. You
often
state that MMY keeps these goofy people around intentionally to slow down the
progress
of the TMO. So which is it- MMY the vicitm or MMY the fully in charge leader?