Divorced from the source.

One of the things I learned after I left my TM daze was that when you
receive a formal teaching, there is usually an explanation of where and
who that teaching came from. Typically the teacher will tell you how he
received it, how he came upon it, who taught it to him and what texts
accompany the tradition. They often share insights into their own
practice of the teaching as well as that of their predecessors.

When I look back at TM and the TM-Sidhi "techniques" I find this sadly
lacking and strangely suspicious in its absence. Why would such
information be hidden? I can think of several reasons. One is to keep
people from passing it on by divorcing them from the lineal
transmission. This allows it to be sold and, in effect "patented" and
trademarked--much like a product would be. The other would be the
teacher did not receive it in a way that is honest or he is embarrassed
by what it might reveal, e.g. he bought the teaching or received them
from people of low repute. It can also mean he never even practiced it
but merely collected a technique for sale as a marketable item. Or that
the alleged teaching is, in fact, a distortion of tradition or not "the
real thing". Either way, such secrecy in any spiritual practice is
highly suspect.

I'll leave it to you to decide as to which one Mahesh's teaching
represents. Because of lack of proper teaching, people still debate
"did Mahesh receive the mantras from Guru Dev?" Is TM from Guru Dev?
Where did he learn the sidhi method? *Did* he learn the "sidhi" method?

Since being through this experience, I would not practice a teaching
removed, divorced, from it's true setting. Revitalizing a tradition
that never really needed revitalizing--it was and is still producing
complete awakening--is merely a rationalization and a ploy.

Caveat emptor!