On May 6, 2005, at 7:45 AM, Alex Stanley wrote:

> I don't assume that just because a view is traditional, it is
> correct, especially with respect to ideas about spirituality and
> consciousness, which are, by their very nature, subjective.

Didn't say traditional--I said "pure".

The problem is, IMO, that whenever you decide to "sell" something, you
have to polish it up for the marketplace. Hide it's flaws and tout its
benefits. That's great for "product", but it also means you're hiding
part of the truth. Hiding the truth in "product" is commonplace, but it
has no place in spirituality where you are trying to uncover truth.

"Think" on that and then "think" on what would happen if you figured
out that the "product" that everyone wanted and was really attached to
was "enlightenment".