Rick,

I'm the author of the anon post below. I agree with you entirely. I
hope that it didn't appear that I thought M's Brit pronouncement
would make any difference. My goal was to show the originator of the
British karma idea that it didn't hold much water.

On the other hand, could make some difference to those in the UK who
feel obliged now to move elsewhere. Also, to the children who were
attending school in Skelmersdale. For these people, it could be
quite a disruptive change. So Maharishi's pronouncements can have a
significant human cost - to members of his own movement.

Incidentally, I now recall a time when M did something similar. So I
have to recant on my statement that this is an entirely new
aberration. Some time ago (in the 90's, I believe), M proclaimed
that the TMO had tried all that it could to uplift the consciousness
of Wash DC and lower crime etc., but since the collective cness just
wouldn't listen, then the TMO was going to respond by pulling out.
He wanted all governors and sidhas to move elsewhere. Of course,
only some did so. In the end, the tactic seemed to have no impact on
Wash DC at all, though it did affect the morale of the DC meditator
community.

> The assumption implicit in the thinking of some of the
participants in this
> thread seems to be that allowing or disallowing TM to be taught in
a country
> would make a whit of difference in that country's destiny. How
many people
> are being taught in the UK now? What difference could it possibly
make if
> that trickle were staunched?
>

> on 5/9/05 4:13 PM, anonymousff at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > It seems to me that the karma line of reasoning isn't very
> > worthwhile. The Hindu tradition tells us that the course of
karma is
> > unfathomable. That implies to me that nothing definitive can
ever be
> > said about it, even amongst those who subscribe to the theory.
To do