> on 5/9/05 5:39 PM, claudiouk at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Rick - it's not just about one country, it's firstly the principle:
> > logically this "ban" should apply to the US, the main villain in
> > MMY's eyes, whose leader was re-elected with a larger mandate;
> > secondly it shouldn't apply to ANY country - he has gone on about
> > how "punishment" in administration is a sign of FAILURE (in this
> > case, HIS failure); also how can he justify punishing his own LOYAL
> > FOLLOWERS - children in the Maharishi school, meditators needing
> > checking etc; the fact that there aren't that many new initiations
> > presently in the UK is irrelevant - neither are there in the US; and
> > anyway to do this just at the RELAUNCH of the Movement, after
> > teachers have paid considerable sums to be recertified is not only
> > idiotic but actually unethical. I'm surprised people in FFL are
> > taking it so lightly..
>
> Maybe we're getting jaded. Maybe the crazy announcements are coming so fast
> and furious it's hard to keep up with them.

I think there are 2 ways to look at this.  First, some people will 'Obey"  MMY
and leave
England.  Perhaps they think he knows something cosmic that they don't know -
like an
upcoming terrorist attack, or plague that will hit England.  These people are
adults and
make their choices and probably feel good about themselves.  Or, second,  MMY
is not
going to go out quietly.  He is going out with a bang, with crazy
pronouncements, with
outrageous requests for money, unyeilding expectations for obedience,
disparaging
comments about this loyal followers for all these years, condemnations of
governments,
outrageous stuff.  Is he senile, enlightened, or both? The irrationality kind
of makes it easy
to to stay disengaged from it all, doesn't it.  I just feel neutral amazement
rather than the
anger and disappointment I used to feel.

I say again - we are in the midst of the makings of a movie.