> So I would say that perhaps there IS a relationship between
> democracies and Christianity, but would suggest that if you look
> into that relationship more deeply, you might find that the
> democracies were created to *stop* the tyranny of Christianity
> rather than created as an expression of it.
>
> Barry/Unc

****
I'll explain myself better, I see it like this: Christianity somehow
maid it possible for quite many people to develop beyond
fundamentalist Christianity and its mythical, rigid beliefs and step
into the age of reason. Precisely the same applies to the rights of
women. Christianity somehow made it possible for quite many people to
transcend those mythical stages. It was real transcending, because no
new fundamentalist religion was adopted, just transcending to the age
of secularism and reason. Something quite new in the history of humanity.
Of course here in west we have also a lot of people , who have not
fully gone through this transcendence. And other parts of the world
are struggling to follow this highly successful transition. E.g. in
Muslim countries this change seems to be rather difficult to accomplish.
People under the spell of Hinduism often still live at magical or
mythical stages.

Irmeli