Recertified UK teachers, I gather, are seemingly taking it in their
stride (very English this!)and they sense that MORE of this kind of
thing is likely to happen elsewhere, as MMY gradually shuts down his
Movement.

I can only make sense of this if (a)the Indian effect "works" (in the
short-run at least)and he threatens to withdraw from "unresponsive"
countries, putting pressure on local TMmers to cough up more money or
else.. or (b)it "doesn't work", and the withdrawal from vipers of
various sorts becomes a justification for converting assets into cash
and funnelling them back to India (and his family). Maybe blasphemous
for some, but just another hypothesis - akin to others posted here on
whether he is a messiah/God; enlightened Brahma consciousness saint
incapable of putting a foot wrong; ditto but with
a  "relativity/cultural" handicap he, as others, can't possibly shake
off; or whatever - fraud, sex maniac etc.. If like me you have older
relatives, you will have noticed how they go ahead with vital
decisions that are completely off-beam, because they still believe to
be in full possession of their faculties, when they are not..
personally, I think it's just old age! He is NOT the same MMY of old..