Hi Rick,

The benefit to the destructive tendencies is a temporary one, only
because all of life is supported by the practice of TM. In times
past, the destructive tendencies would not gain such a foothold, but
now, as the current Dalai Lama says in his book, In My Own Words,
when speaking about aggression and competitiveness, "...These mental
processes easily translate into actions, breeding belligerence. Such
processes have been going on in the human mind since time
immemorial, but their execution has become more effective under
modern conditions." This is what Maharishi is forestalling, the
temporary lift that negative tendencies enjoy in a lively
environment. Just as sattva can bind with rajas, so can tamas.

Jim

> on 5/11/05 4:56 PM, bbrigante at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "claudiouk"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>